Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Local [Auckland] radio update. [updated]

This is gonna probably seem a bit hypocritical, since I don't/can't/forget to listen to the local metal shows, especially these past few weeks- but luckily they have an internet footprint, which is what I'm gonna look for:

The Axe Attack (the Rock): The giant, the tower of power of all things metal and radio in NZ hosts 6hours of Sabbath on the next show this Sunday (Oct 31st), from 6pm- I'm gonna attempt to organise a BBQ, have a few cold beers and invite my stoner brother- make the night complete ;p [hell, I'm not being biased just because the gracious, most brutally awesome Axe Man has included a link to this very blog in his own regular email update, as previously reported ;p]

The Hard Fast Heavy show (95bfm): These guy(s) must have a deal with the promoters of the Megadeth headlined No Sleep Til Auckland tour, 'cos host, Dale, is interviewing damn near all the bands on the lineup. So far facebook/ their blog [it's now http://www.hardfastheavy.com/] tells me they've interviewed [someone from] Parkway Drive, Katatonia, August Burns Red, Suicide Silence, GWAR and 3 Inches of Blood.

Hardcore.Hard (planet fm): Is it's own beast, completely different to the short-lived Metal AD. Hosts Dug and db recently had the lads from Antagonist AD in the radio booth with them, and on this Thursday's show, they're having someone by the name of Cash- vocalist for now split Evil Priest [I did catch these guys play once or twice back in the day]

The Kiwi Metal Bar (Kiwi FM): all these guys seem to be doing at the moment is promoting the Tainted tour in November, well their facebook page is at least [and the only mention on the kiwi FM website is of said tour]. Not a bad tour to have your name on, I wonder if I could get this blogs name on a tour like that, or will my insatiable desire for anonymity be my downfall?!?!...

The House of Noizz (Planet fm): These guys seem to be humming along nicely- their fb group is quite active and their youtube vids are quite good to watch as well.. I wonder- it would probably be these lads to buy [had they the money] life size versions of the original Manowar album art. It would look good in the back ground to their youtube vids [I haven't seen all of their clips so can't say if they've already done so]

1 comment:

  1. Yo Brendon from House Of Noizz here. Props on the blog! Thought you may wanna know that I'm working to get as many NZ Metal shows as possible streaming on 1 internet radio station for better listening convenience. The site is metalradio.co.nz. New shows added as they become available. PS - No life size Manowar art... yet! Stay Heavy!

    ReplyDelete